[Faith-talk] Treasures

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue Aug 23 18:59:36 UTC 2016

Hello and good day once again to most of you.  Hope your day is going
well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

I don't know about you all, but for the next four days, beginning
today, we're going to feature some poetry for those of you who like
that type of literary form.  So we begin with a poem by an author whose
name isn't given.

There are treasures in life,
But owners are few
Of money and power
To buy things brand new.

Yet you can be wealthy
and feel regal too,
If you will just look
for the treasures in you.

These treasures in life
are not hard to find;
When you look in your heart,
your soul, and your mind.

For when you are willing
to share what's within,
Your fervent search
for riches will end.

The joy and the laughter,
the smile that you bring;
The heart unafraid
to love and to sing;

The hand always willing
to help those in need;
Ones quick to reach out,
to labor and feed.

So thank you for sharing
these great gifts inside;
The caring, the cheering,
the hug when one cried.

Thanks for the energy,
encouragement too,
And thank you for sharing
the treasures in you.

I hope you enjoyed reading this simple little verse today.  I consider
many of you, especially those that I've had the pleasure, to talk with
in various online chatrooms.  You I label with the initials ISP's,
meaning "Intuitively sensitive people." Now you might not think you
fall into that category, but there are some who would agree with me on
that.  Thanks for your God-given gift of this talent and spiritual
gift.  I refer to it as true, genuine and agape love of a koinonial
nature.  (If any of you know New Testament Greek, you'll have a much
better grasp of what I'm trying to convey).

And that will do it for now.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing another
poem will be posted, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep
us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we
live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul