[Faith-talk] All things working together for good

debby semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 00:53:59 UTC 2016

Hi Bill and all, great idea! So here goes. I was blind from birth, due !being premature. Was supposed !be born in April, but was born in January. My parents lived an hour or so from town, so it was great timing on God's part, ′grin′. that my mom went !visit her best friend. She started !n feel well, so went !the hospital. I was born in Sacred Heart Hospital. All my life, I can see how God touched me, walked with me, cared for me. Little things, like me boving hymns, even though my family wasn't reY a churchgoing family. They played hymns sometimes at night while I was at the School forthe Blind in Oregon. I went !Sunday School from the time I was five. There were times when I reY felt close !Jesus. When I was sixteen I truly accepted Him as Savior and Lord. I ran inffsome young Christians who were part of a "Jesus Freak" youth cinistry. This ministry was !play a big part in my life, until its demise, and I still have many friends who are part of it. It was called Shiloh Youth Revival Center, or for us, just Shiloh. God has always shone Himself in my life.

In the fall of 1981, I began !reY feel doawn !the Catholic Church. I began taking classes at a local parish, and in 1982, I was received inffthe Catholic Church. There are so many details that I can't share because it would take too long. But I will share one incident. Later after I had been Cathelic for several years, I began graduate studies at Mount Angel Seminary in Oregon. One of my friends there is a man named John. John is a very holy man, but full of warmth and humor, and one ofthe kindest people I ever knew. He was part ofthe Catholic CHARISMATIC Renewal. He told me one day that he had been praying for me, andthe Lord told him that one of the nuns at Sacred Heart Hospital baptized me as a baby. She was afraid that I would not make it, because I was so tiny. Then she began !pray for me, because she thought I would be raised in a home with no faith. It doesn't matter !me whether you believe this or not. I know that it is true, that she did baptize me. I am the only member of my family who is Catholic. In fact, most of my family aren't reY Christian at all. But because of this, I am led "the Lord every day in my life, ′x's not His fault that I get sidetracked from time !time′. He is very much in my life. I love the Lord so much, and am so blessed in all that He has blessed me with. Yes, I go through trials, suffer from time !time, but this draws me closer !Hm.    Blessings,    Debby P.S. And I haven't even tabked about my awesome husband, who I met on a bus. If I were sighted, I would maybe have never met him.