[Faith-talk] Knitting To The Tune Of "I've Been Working On The Railroad"

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Wed Aug 31 17:32:44 UTC 2016

Hello folks and especially hello to you knitters out there.  This piece
was apparently written by a woman, as you'll soon see.  Now if you take
the challenge and sing while you do your knitting, I hope you won't
lose concentration on your work.  Anyway the words will be posted below.

I've been working on my knitting
All the live-long day.
I've been comfortably sitting;
I don't care what neighbors say.
Yes, I know my house is dirty,
Rise up so late in the morn,
And I hear the rugrats shouting,
"Mom, my only underpants are torn!"

I've been working on my knitting;
I'm not answering the phone.
I will have myself a sweater
Even if I have to hire a clone!
Can't you hear my husband saying
"What the heck did you do all day!?"
And I think I should be praying
For another knitting-only day!

Well, I don't know about you, but I think this lady was very clever in
writing this piece.  How about you?

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing
another original piece by an unknown author will be posted, may the God
of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul