[Faith-talk] autism, healing and whatever else...

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 31 21:54:33 UTC 2016

Sandra,

Very well put.  Also, we need to remember that, as long as we are
here on this earth, we will have illnesses and diseases.  I was
told that God wants me to see, and, yes, that person wanted to
pray for my healing.  I told him that God's will was for me to be
blind; otherwise, I'd be able to see.  He gave me a singing voice
to use for Him.  That man's response was, "Yes, but just think
how much better your ministry would be if you were healed!" What
I thought, but didn't say, was, "No, what you're really saying
is, just think how much better your ministry would be if you
healed me!" God has made us the way we are, each with different
gifts and talents, and each with different challenges, whether
through disease or something not "normal." Our job as Christians
is to rejoice in the Lord, and give Him thanks and the glory for
it.  We'll all be whole in heaven.  Until then, we must make the
best of it, and be an encouragement to others.

Blessings,

Linda