[Faith-talk] Faith Question

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Sat Dec 24 15:44:14 UTC 2016

Hi Vejas,

You're certainly on the right track studying the Bible.  That's
the best way to know your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I did not stay with the faith in which I grew up.  My parents
took us to church until my brother and I were confirmed.  We had
moved by then, and the church we attended was farther away.  I
continued to attend in the town where I was in school.  Awhile
after Christ found me, and became my Savior, I changed
denominations.  I changed again about three years later because
the pastor was preaching things the Bible didn't say: E.  T.  is
in heaven; heaven and hell are right here on earth.

I would encourage you to continue studying God's Word, and spend
much time in prayer.  Search for and attend a church where the
Bible is taught faithfully and uncompromisingly.  Surround
yourself with Christian friends when you can.  Your faith and
walk with God have to be your own, and God will draw you to
Himself if you diligently seek Him.

I promise to pray for you.  Please keep us posted.

Blessings to you all, and merry Christmas!