[Faith-talk] {Spam?} "AUTHOR AND SPEAKER J.I. PACKER IS GOING BLIND"

Everett Gavel everettg at successfuladaptations.com
Fri Jan 15 17:02:08 UTC 2016

Hello List,

I'm sharing this in the hopes that some here will
contact this man and help the poor fellow out by
giving him some truth, and dispelling the evil
behind the myths.

Blessings,
Everett
In Colorado Springs, USA

"AUTHOR AND SPEAKER J.I. PACKER IS GOING BLIND"

Here's something from BibleGateway's news this
morning. I hope there are some here who might be
willing to explain to this poor fellow that his
writing and speaking career is only over if he
let's it be over. Can't write because he's blind?
Can't read because he's blind? Bah humbug to that
silliness. If he can no longer read or write,
"because he's blind," the simple truth is - it'll
only be because he's given up. So what if he's 89
years old? Sheesh. The only thing that will stop
him from living a fulfilling life is if he chooses
not to. Anyway, his story and possible contact
links are below, if anyone here is interested in
helping educate this poor soul.

Thanks,
Everett

"AUTHOR AND SPEAKER J.I. PACKER IS GOING BLIND"

For a decade, J.I. Packer has persevered as his
left eye developed macular degeneration, a leading
cause of vision loss. Over Christmas, the
89-year-old evangelical theologian's right eye
began suffering the same. This marks "the end of a
remarkable writing and speaking ministry," writes
Crossway's Justin Taylor in announcing the news.
"He is unable to read, and therefore he will be
unable to travel and speak. Because so much of his
writing involves initial working with a ballpoint
pen and blank paper, he is also unable to write."
Read more from Christianity Today:
 http://links.biblegateway.mkt4731.com/ctt?kn=37&ms=NTA0NzMzNTUS1&r=MjgwMDY3OTQ1NDQS1&b=2&j=ODQxOTg3OTM0S0&mt=1&rt=0See books by J.I. Packer in the Bible GatewayStore: http://links.biblegateway.mkt4731.com/ctt?kn=46&ms=NTA0NzMzNTUS1&r=MjgwMDY3OTQ1NDQS1&b=2&j=ODQxOTg3OTM0S0&mt=1&rt=0