[Faith-talk] Weekly Bible Trivia Game Poem for Sunday, June 26, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Jun 26 18:06:11 UTC 2016

Hello and good day to you all, and especially to you who are astute
students of the Word.  It is indeed gratifying to learn how many of you
try to answer these weekly forays into poetry, and I pray that we all
are delving more deeply into what a certain televangelist from Arkansas
refers it as "God's love letter to you."

Today's poem is based on a book and chapter of the New Testament, so
let's see what you have to work with today.

Two prophets rise, to spit fire and bring dearth;
Killed, lie unburied, ascend from the earth.
Last trumpet sounds, and reward time is here;
Blessing in heaven, while earth is in fear.

Well folks, if someone else was moderating this game I'd get the book
all right, but I'd just have to take an educated guess as to which
chapter we are dealing with here.  Let's see how well you do.

Until next Sunday when, Lord willing another weekly Bible trivia game
poem will be posted, then from the Old Testament, may the God of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul