[Faith-talk] updates on my current living situation

Abdullah Ibrahim Olivares programmer2188 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 00:47:25 UTC 2016

200% agreed with this. I already said my piece, so I’ve been sitting back and watching, but I’m saddened to see the decisions you are making. Sometimes the decision that “feels” best is the worst decision.

Christine and I did a lot of stuff we shouldn’t have before marriage, including living together for a summer, and I honestly think it cursed our relationship for quite a while. Thank God we still got through it, but I wish sometimes we could have done things better. We saw those who were telling us to be careful as out of touch.

I will tell you this much: sometimes it looks like the “right” thing is impossible to do. But if you actually resolved to do it no matter what it took, God would find a way for you, and you’d be so incredibly blessed as a result. Jesus (عليه السلام) is reported to have said that the narrow path is the one few will take and is the hardest to travel, while the broad path is easy to travel, and many will take it. I find this to be true not only in terms of Heaven and Hell, but also in your everyday life. The right things are hard to do, and few put forth the persistence to do what is right. But yet I believe that those who do, will be blessed by God, and those who intentionally do the wrong thing will be punished.

This isn’t to scare you, although perhaps it should a bit. It’s just to say, don’t write off doing what you know is right.

Abdullah