[Faith-talk] 5/6/16 Wisdom Gems and Pearls, and Some News Tidbits

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Fri May 6 11:48:48 UTC 2016

Well folks, it's already a Friday as this message is being written,
although the sand in the hourglass for you in New Zealand is about to
run out, taking you into Saturday and the weekend.  Whatever time of
day or day of the week it is in your locality, I hope that your day is
going well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

Faith never knows where it is being led; it knows and loves the One who
is leading.  Oswald Chambers

Let the roots of God's love in your life be entwined with others who
need your support.

And that will do it for today's quotes, but stay tuned to the latest news.

Washington DC--At the National Day of Prayer Rabbi Jonathan Khan more
or less reiterated the sorry state of our nation, in that if we don't
turn back to God and soon, we will cease to be a nation as we know it.
At the same event Shirley Dobson, wife of Christian broadcaster Dr.
James Dobson, announced that she was stepping down as overall chairman
of the National Day of Prayer which she has been heading for the past
25 years.  In her place Anne Graham Lotz, Billy Graham's eldest
daughter, has accepted that chairmanship.

Charleston WV--Franklin Graham spoke Thursday to a crowd estimated at
4,800 persons during his Decision America prayer rallies.  He has 22
state capital cities to visit, and I hope that, when he comes to
Maryland, that if the Lord wills I can go to my state capital city of
Annapolis to hear him.  Our statehouse is the oldest continuous state
capitol building, having been constructed in 1772.

Madison WI--The vice-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation
in this city is suing the U.S. House of Representatives for refusing to
allow him to deliver a secular prayer before this legislative body,
saying that it violated his constitutional rights to do so.  Well, I've
read this founding document forward and backward, and I see nowhere
where it violated his constitutional rights.  Same with taking prayer
and Bible reading out of public schools.

Finally, I have a sad story to report, not one gleaned from the AP
service wires.  A baby girl, Alicia Watkins by name, born on March 29
of this year, was found by police after they got a call about a sick
girl with burns over 80% of her little body.  Criminal charges are
going to be filed against the parents.  The little lass was taken to a
hospital where she died.  I don't know what it will take to wake up our
citizens and city council members, but if I were on that legislative
body I would say in a loud and clear voice:  "Enough is enough!"

And that will do it for the quotes and the news tidbits.  Until
tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be posted, I am your
obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay
for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation
and peace, Oil of Gladness.