[Faith-talk] 5/10/16 Quotes and Some News Tidbits

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue May 10 13:10:25 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on a Tuesday, the day which the Lord has
made (Ps. 118:24).  I hope that you are all doing well today, by God's
matchless grace and His providential care.

Here are today's quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

Some lessons of patience take a long time to learn.

When the Spirit prompts, take action.

And there you have the quotes, but stay tuned to the latest news.

Portland, Oregon--This week, beginning today, the United Methodist
Church is to have their general conference which takes place every four
years.  On the docket is a proposal to allow homosexuals to officiate
as pastors in this denomination.  However William Lampyre, director of
a group called United Methodist Action, is standing firm on this
church's official stand that they will not allow such people to serve
as pastors, and that marriage should be solely between one man and one woman.

Denver CO--It looks like another subspecies of the marijuana industry
will be created, namely, marijuana couriers which would allow stores to
display the weed openly on shelves, but all of this is provided the
governor signs the bill into law.

Another item that caught my attention is that the U.S. Treasury is
planning to issue $5 gold pieces to help fund research for breast
cancer treatment options, but the coins themselves, slated to be about
50,000, will cost considerably more than the $5 seen on them.  $35 of
each coin will be used in the research effort.

And that will do it for the quotes and the news.  Until tomorrow when,
Lord willing more of the same will be presented, I am your obedient
servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your
sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and
peace, Oil of Gladness.