[Faith-talk] Expression of sorrow and graditude

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Sat May 21 17:34:37 UTC 2016

    Dear all, peace and blessings.

Perhaps some of you heard or read in the news about the recently collapsed Egyptian aircraft that was returning from Paris to Cairo and then was missing for several days.

Well, people were graciously martyred and thence, we may express sorrow but without blaspheming or breaching the principles of faith.

In traditional Islamic theology, prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us a beautiful supplication to say upon affliction with adversities.

    “Truly we all for Allah, and truly to Him we shall all return”.

This sentiment signifies acknowledgement of the providential grace.

We may naturally express grief but, our lips should not speak blasphemy or rebellion.

May Allah bless those who miserably lost their loved ones with persistent certitude and forbearance.

               This incident is deeply unfortunate but, we ought to stick with expressing graditude, even in the face of grave asperities.

I am speechless, don’t know what to say.

I pray for those who lost their loved ones to be granted patience and certainty.

Peace and blessings from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Mostafa