[Faith-talk] Quotes for Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Wed Oct 5 11:14:53 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to my fellow saints of the Most High God, no matter
where you live.  I hope that your day is faring well as you read this
message, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

The budget should be balanced.  The treasury should be refilled.
Public debts should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be
tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be
curtailed, less Rome become bankrupt.  People must again learn to work,
instead of living on public assistance.  Cicero, 55 B.C. (quote
compiler's comment:  Sounds an awful lot like today's politicians, or
rather some of them, wouldn't you agree?)

Caveat actor, let the doer beware.  Latin Proverb

And that will do for today.  Before I close, and I'm not sure on which
list certain people are, I'd like to say a profound thanks for your
comments on my radio show on cjoyinternetradio.com.  Comments weren't
long, but they were very much appreciated, and I know that God will
reward you for taking however long it took for you to compose and send
me messages of good will.

And that will do it for now.  Later on in this space will be Part Two
of the late Dr. Ralph Montanus' article on the topic of sickness and
disability.  Until then or until tomorrow when, Lord willing more
quotes will be posted, I am your obedient servant of the One who lived
an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives
forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.