[Faith-talk] 10/8/16 Quotes and a Prayer Request

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sat Oct 8 11:42:28 UTC 2016

Hello and warm greetings to you on this Saturday.  Of course, as this
message is being written, it's almost the beginning of your Lord's Day
in New Zealand.  No matter what day it is or time of day in your
locality, I hope it's faring well for you, by God's matchless grace and
His providential care.

Here are today's three quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

Ours is a world in which people don't know what they want and are
willing to go through hell to get it.  Don Marquis

The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.  Mark Twain

Show me a man who claims he is objective, and I'll show you a man with
illusions.  Henry Luce, 1898-1967

And there you have today's quotes, but stay tuned to the prayer request.

As we all gathered around God's throne to pray for victims of Hurricane
Matthew in Florida, let's do the same for the folks in South Carolina's
Low Country.  On their behalf thanks for your prayers, as I know they
will be appreciated by them.

And there you have it for now.  Until later when I post a timely
article, I am your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly
existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to
bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.