[Faith-talk] Weekly Bible Trivia Game Poem for Sunday, October 16, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Oct 16 17:17:56 UTC 2016

Hello and a good Lord's Day to all my fellow saints of the Most High
God.  I hope that your day is going well, by God's matchless grace and
His providential care.

We have a new person onboard this week, Darrell by name, so for his
benefit I'll explain how this little game works.

Every week I try to post a poem written by the late Alvy E. Ford based
on a book and chapter of the Bible, and it is your job to tell me on
which Scripture passage a particular poem is based.  For example, say
the answer is Luke 25.  Well, in your reply you would put that as your
answer if you believe it is the right one.  Now that we have that out
of the way, just you all tell me the answer to this week's poem.

Paul once more faces the council of Jews.
Schemers try subterfuge, hopelessly lose.
Paul's little nephew gets hold of their trick.
Paul is sent out of Jerusalem quick.

Now I know that you all will get the book correctly, but the chapter
may elude you.  Anyway just try and guess, and you might be right.

And that will do for this week.  Until next Sunday when, Lord willing
another weekly Bible trivia game poem will be posted, then based on a
book and chapter of the Old Testament, may the God of Abraham, Isaac
and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these
last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul