[Faith-talk] On the Lighter Side

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue Oct 18 16:19:28 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to most of you for the second time today.  I hope
that your day is faring well, by God's matchless grace and His
providential care.

You sighted readers will not remember this, but perhaps many of my
blind recipients may remember a column usually found in the back of the
now-defunct Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind called "Some Bits of
Humor." Well, here are some bits of humor recently received that I hope
will tickle your funny bone.  After all it does say in the book of
Proverbs and in the Reader's Digest that "laughter is the best
medicine," and it is with this in mind that I present you with the
following bits of humor.

Why did the mushroom get invited to so many parties?
Because he was a fungi.

How did the flashlight feel when its batteries died?
De-lighted.

What did the math book say to the English book?
I have lots of problems.

There once was a rich man who was near death.  He was very grieved
because he had worked so hard for his money and he wanted to be able to
take it with him to heaven.  So he began to pray that he might be able
to take some of his wealth with him.

An angel hears his plea and appears to him, "Sorry, but you can't take
your wealth with you."

The man implores the angel to speak to God to see if He might bend the
rules.  The man continues to pray that his wealth could follow him.
The angel reappears and informs the man that God has decided to allow
him to take one suitcase with him.  Overjoyed, the man gathers his
largest suitcase and fills it with pure gold bars and places it beside his bed.

Soon afterwards the man dies and shows up at the Gates of Heaven to
greet St. Peter.  Seeing the suitcase Peter says, "Hold on, you can't
bring that in here!" But the man explains to him that he has permission
and asks him to verify his story with the Lord.  Sure enough, Peter
checks and comes back saying, "You're right.  You are allowed one
carry-on bag, but I'm supposed to check its contents before letting it
through."

Peter opens the suitcase to inspect the worldly items that the man
found too precious to leave behind and exclaims, "You brought pavement!"

And there you have it for now.  Don't forget that, if you read this
message in time and your schedules permit, to please join the
undersigned between 4 and 5 PM eastern time today over the facilities of
http://www.cjoyinternetradio.com.
You can also join us in the virtual telephone studio and thus make your
comments on what will be heard.  By telephone please call
701-801-1220, and then enter the code 165643874 and you should be there.

Until tomorrow when another timely article will be posted, or until the
time mentioned when the program "This and That" will air, may the God
of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul