[Faith-talk] A Knitter's Prayer

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Thu Sep 1 15:54:19 UTC 2016

Judging by the number of people who receive my posts who are knitters,
you just might enjoy the following:

I pray when risen from the dead
I may in glory stand;
Perhaps a crown upon my head,
But four needles in my hand.

I never learned to sing or play,
So let no harp be mine.
>From childhood to my dying day
Plain knitting's been my line.

And so as close as the trumpets call
I have not fame or riches,
But sweet content's knit in my soul
In a million happy stitches.

I know, it's short but hopefully sweet.  I pray that you knitters
enjoyed reading it.

Before I close this message, I have an announcement.  Those of you who
listen to my program over the Radio Reading Network of Maryland will be
sorely disappointed, as the program won't be airing tomorrow, due to
the fact that the station will be on a so-called "automatic pilot,"
meaning that programming will originate from Gatewave Reading Service
out of New York City.  However, if you are able, you are cordially
invited to join the undersigned from 4-5 PM eastern time on Tuesday
over the facilities of
http://www.cjoyinternetradio.com.
The readings will be those that were previously aired over our local
radio reading service, but perhaps there will be listeners who've not
heard them before.  Tuesday's program will be a little shorter, as
those who wish to comment on what they've heard can call Cjoy's
conference line, but will give that when the time gets closer.

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing
another worthy literary piece will be posted, may the God of Abraham,
Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in
these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul