[Faith-talk] {Spam?} SV: {Spam?} Orientalism

Emanuel psalmtjugotre at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 09:31:23 UTC 2016

Are you muslim ?

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Faith-Talk [mailto:faith-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] För Mostafa Almahdy via Faith-Talk
Skickat: den 3 september 2016 11:26
Till: Faith-talk, for the discussion of faith and religion <faith-talk at nfbnet.org>
Kopia: Mostafa Almahdy <mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com>
Ämne: [Faith-talk] {Spam?} Orientalism

Orientalism is an academic term used by scholars in art, history, literary, Theology, geography and cultural studies for the depiction of Eastern that is( Oriental cultures), including Middle Eastern, North African, South Asian and Southeast Asian cultures done by writers, designers, and artists from the West. In some western universities, these are called (Middle Eastern studies) or just (Eastern Studies) for short. This definition of Orientalism is actually taken from Wikipedia. There is another definition.
Orientalism is a way of seeing that imagines, emphasizes, exaggerates and distorts differences of Arab peoples and cultures as compared to that of Europe and the United States. It often involves seeing Arab culture as exotic, backward, uncivilized, and at times dangerous. Well at this point, we must hold the cane from the middle. In other words, we must be fair. I have always told my fellows who reside in the west, that you shouldn’t put all western people in one basket. Each and every culture has different sapidities. There are mild, moderate and severe ones. One of my very close friends is a mechanical engineer. He studies and works in France. He worked in Germany before he moved to France recently. France is a bit closer to the States in its racial discrimination. Concerning Germany, he mentioned to me  quite positive and encouraging situations that he encountered with people there. What he mentioned to me defies unworthy Arab stereotypes about the west. So for instance, it refutes the stereotype of westerns being unaccommodating and insensate. Well, quite the opposite, he told me that people surrounded him treated him with recognized cordial and hospitable disposal. It also defies the stereotype of western women being so easy, voluptuous and daring. There are many of them who have ethical motive, virtue, they have erubescent and girlie shyness. He also mentioned to me situations that are sufficient to defy the stereotype of us being constantly despised in the west. It is a proper occasion to clarify my inimical stridence. Whom is it toward? It essentially is intended to campaign against the (Alt Right Movement).
The best way to put it is to basically portray it in Trump’s camp.
It’s a right-wing southern white supremacy. They aggress against anyone who is different from them. They are intolerant toward people with ethnic diversity. They often are misanthrope and dysphemistic.
Many people in the west are not in favour of this hostile camp. I always make a significant difference between Europe and the United States. We can generically refer to Europeans as mostly reasonable, edified and open-minded. However, many Americans due to media dominance are largely disinformed, insulated and quite prejudiced about other parts of the world. This is why, American culture is quite marginalised, it began to be diminished in our region. Europe is the ideal substitute in my humble opinion. European nations are geographically closer to us. They have long history in affiliation with our region, either during Crusades or modern invasion. They learned a lot about us during neither era. This is why I don’t think they will return to engage against us once again. Of course, we won’t deny the existence of anti-Islam movements in many parts of Europe. It is natural to see such variation. The difference though, that the hostile camp in the States is quite active and possibly influential through their mass media whilst in Europe, they may not necessarily have this impact. In Europe, you may hear about charges of committing hate crimes either by unbearable acts or through abhorrent rhetoric.
Well in the States, it’s unlikely to hear charges of hate crimes against detestable southerners, for instance. There are many key factors to critically differentiate between American and European cultures. Whilst both are classified as westernly orientated, there are major differences. First of which, is the social structure of each side. Europe is more open to welcoming various cultures and throughout its educational system, these cultures are smoothly desegregated. In the American camp, there are many communities inhabiting the same region, yet they are constantly skeptic and suspicious of each other.
Most people in the States are obsessed with watching movies whilst relaxing. They are sort of television addicts. In contrast, Europeans like to read and they may not be as addicted to television as their rivals. For these reasons and more, I recommend shifting our focus to invest our interest and intellectually in particular with the European side. So Orientalism like any academic discipline, has its pros and cons. Thomas Carlyle is a prominent Scottish author and historian. He wrote about the French revolution and he had very positive perspectives concerning Muslims and prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). There are many orientalists who serve in this camp. Our role here is to collaborate with them and produce a mutual work that is based on deferentially scholastic approach. We also must allow a suitable room for worthwhile scrutiny. The west isn’t held accountable for our deplorable state of nescience. We ought to practically refine our education. I have read couple of textbooks on Orientalism in Arabic. Well, they both deal with the subject from the disputing standpoint. It essentially relies on the conspiratorial theory. It studies and examines Orientalism as a tool of Colonialism.
It critically studies how Orientalists constantly portray Middle Eastern cultures as strange, awkward and often threatening to western liberty. Thus, it justifies western expeditions to Muslim lands. The United States uses Orientally prejudiced notions to justify its position from the Muslim world. If you listen to how American prominent figures speak, you will recognize their plain indulgence with slanted Orientalism. Islam is tactically expended to terrify and jeopardise lay Americans. The business of insistently demonizing and prejudiciously depicting Muslims as radical terrorists, murderers, plotters and fundamentally fanatics is the norm in America. The portrayal of the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as philanderer and paedophile makes us fathom the vicious American version of Orientalism. It is essentially based on obscene and terrifically salacious portrayals. The latter however, is a common characteristic of American society. The United States is filled with many social disintegrations, often pertained to misbehavior and sexual scandals. There are numerous incidents of incest reported in their country which left the subject of intercourse quite sick and bizarre.
Therefore, they liken prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon
him) to the most horrible practice they ever noticed. This taste of Oriental literature is not the only one of this discipline. There is another version which is classified as the relatively impartial side.
It somewhat portrays the moderate approach. It studies Islamic culture for the purpose of recognizing interdependencies. It often avoids engaging in provocative subjects. It may not be as active as we would like it but, it fairly exists. Nevertheless, the prepossessing approach is more likely to be affective due to predominantly vast American dominance. As hellion Donald Trump once uttered in one of his despicable speeches, Americanism is not Globalism. Therefore, we ought to really be careful, there are substantial attempts to Americanise even western cultures. This is why I said to my friends living in Europe, that we need to tenaciously unite to confront this manipulating power, which attempts to deviously dominate us. It essentially relies on racially disparaging remarks, bigotry and detrimental sentiments. The United States is quite popular for issuing visas to fraudsters. They issue visas to people whom they like to hear their plainly counterfeit chronicles about being supposedly, ex Muslims, ha-ha. I on multiple occasions asked U.S pastors to openly confront me on that regard. Until this moment, they never wrote me back and they probably won’t. I would like to ask people who  work for U.S embassies a straight question that demands a direct and denotative answer. If someone caught indictable of being mendacious or unclear about his past, as if he said he was Muslim and he wasn’t or, he lied about some of his credit contingents, would you issue this person a
visa?                                Please, yes or no. I specifically
address Americans who like to incorrectly assume us popping off to immigrate to their country, your presumption isn’t correct. I am not particularly desperate about obtaining your visas nor residing in your country legally or illegally. It may be challenging economically here at home but, I’d better find somewhere else to settle dignifiedly. The United States is impeached of substantially secernating ethnicities based on racial disparities. That has been proven repeatedly through the last couple of months. American Orientalism is held accountable
for this   chaotic disarray. American Orientalism is the chief shamed
of religious uncertainty. There are many people who tend to ramble between various isms purposelessly. Religion is disapproved in the United States despite insignificant proclamations of being allegedly a Christian nation. What are we to commend or repudiate about this state of iniquity. This is a nation which carries an evangelical banner, yet it has officially accredited same sex marriage as licit last year. I have discussed this subject with many Christian devotees therein. Many of them thought it couldn’t be delt with, whilst others gave credit to separating faith and civil affairs. This is a decisive evident of how paradoxical the United States is. American Orientalism is often expatiated to odiously parallel between Jihad and terrorism. This is why we ought to embrace a scrupulously countering scheme. My role here is to establish solid ground for scrutiny, preferably with European academe. It confidently has been proved to be theologically impartial, far from either explicit hostility or disingenuous flattery. As I mentioned earlier in this piece of composition, they are casually expected to fairly disagree with some of what we assert but, they are highly competent to do so in prestigiously academic manner.
The rising tide of Islamophobia visible in mainstream political circles and reflected in the media leaves the Muslim community intemperately susceptible to confront major threats. Racist and Islamophobic rhetoric has already translated into violent and deadly incidents across the States, with further armed threats directed at Muslim institutions and individuals now almost a daily occurrence.
These incidents are deliberately unnoticed. We need a greater, more sustained response that both examines the roots of Islamophobia and provides the empirical data to quantify the problem. Only then, we can develop the tools required to educate policymakers and civil society on how best to counter this longstanding crisis. Christian and secular orientalists of the United States are injurious of repulsively aspersing Islam with enormous ignominy and detrimental disparagement.
The deficiency of renowned let alone ordinary edification is the chief cause for the rise of such insolence. There might be some Americans who treat the subject objectively. Most of them, however, are unevenly indoctrinated. I’ll repeat this statement, if Americans weren’t easy to fool, someone like Donald Trump would have not been nominated for Republican candidature. Despite his unambiguously inflammatory remarks, he is supported and widely embraced across their country.
Despite his appallingly intolerable sentiments which were highly offensive to each and everyone, he is continuously endorsed. Despite his constantly contradicting and simultaneously assaultive statements, he hasn’t been expelled from the presidential race. Donald Trump is eminently embraced in spite of his incredible disqualifications because he says what most Americans like to hear. Donald Trump is tremendously disqualified, yet he is the beseeming president for who lay Americans are. If you want to look at actual Americans, just look at Trump’s spirit. You don’t have to exhaust yourselves with engaging in pretension of counterfeit diplomacy, we recognize what American manner is. I don’t think I’ll ever commit the mistake of believing my enemy. American Orientalism is the one to describe as imbecile, disinforming and extraordinarily ignominious in the slightest.
Clifford Wilson, you previously mentioned to me that you studied world religions but you never heard of the  term Orientalism. Well I hope you now have a glimpse of what it is. Mister Wilson, I suppose you are sufficiently aware of the broad repudiation to your explicitly disheartening supremacy. Your regionally Mexican neighbors are the first to be troubled with this. Donald Trump on Mexico is unprecedentedly paradoxical. When he spoke about Mexico to his rallies, he spoke with intolerable belligerence. But when he spoke to Mexican officials, his tone of voice has changed. This is quite typical for American manner. They speak at our face with a softened tone, but when they speak to their allies, they often change their tune. This is their typical paradox. I won’t ever speak to people with ambidextrous. I am plain to people whether I am friend or enemy to them. My temperament is essentially based on clarity and honesty. This is how I strongly built my various relationships with people domestically and overseas. So please Clifford, you may discern that I consider you from the camp that I’ll stand firm against. The reason for that is your demonstratively southern manner. You mentioned in an e-mail to a mass list for the American Council of the blind that you are seventy-two years old, that means you are considered a senior citizen in the States. I urge you sir to thoroughly be edified about other parts of the world. Your quarantined and heavily persuaded southern region is a decisive barrier for reputed edification. Mister Wilson, I fairly consider myself more educated than you. I fluently speak and properly compose in a highly notable form of your  language, yet you barely type in colloquially American English. I of course am not sure about your speaking competency. Now we can see where the cultural gap come from. I again, urge you to fairly revise the facts I just outlined and then ask yourself, is it necessarily that an individual coming from a sophisticated nation to be more educated than someone who comes from a developing one? People here are constantly bewildered, they want to adhere their identity whilst looking up to western civilization with considerable attraction. I treat the matter with a moderate proposition. I admittedly recognize western significant advancement on technology and contemporary education. At the same time, I steadfastly adhere my heritage and tradition. With both in mind, I am able to fairly stand between recognizing western advancement and Muslim traditionality. They both are fairly consolidative. Unlike predominantly secularized Muslims, I am not influenced with western manipulation. I recognize that my religion enjoins me to relentlessly seek knowledge. I am aware of what Muslim scholars have substantially contributed to various scientific fields as the prominently outstanding Muslim physician and philosopher, (Abu Ali al-Husain ibn Abdallah ibn Sina). Western orientalists have altered his name to (Avicenna) in order to somehow conceal his Muslim identity. I also recognize that in their numerous encyclopedias, they altered the name of prominent Muslim philosopher and initial interpreter of Aristotle works into Arabic. They altered his name from
(Ibn-Roshd) to a mispronounced name, they called him  (Averroes) in order to again, withdraw his Muslim identity. This is a common practice of Christians. They did so to their own scriptures in order to make them basically suit what they like, they did so to make them suit their interest. There are many instances of what I call biblical revisal for theological motivation. They purposely pick up the translation that suits their interest of the text and preach it outloud to their disinformed congregations. Well gratefully, we aren’t consented to do so to the Noble Koran. Its sacred text is infinitely intact and Providentially preserved. Even when we translate the Koran into different languages, we recognize that it is a humanly contribution. Thus, it is consequently susceptible to error. This is why, it’s vitally necessary to revise and countercheck Koran translations and instantly correct them where that is relevant.
Christian evangelists and orientalists aren’t so outspoken about the text at their hands nor they fairly look into the credibility of the translator. The King James version is a widely recognized and trusted edition of the Holy Bible in Christian English speaking communities.
However, it has been later declared fallible and thus, a revised standard edition had to be written. Those are the ones who purposely evoke doubts about Islam in lay Muslim minds. Those are the ones who attempt to distort Islam in either a diplomatic or a hostilely manner.
Don’t ever assume that the intention of those who often speak gently is so innocent. It is quite inconsistent for a Muslim to go study Islam in their colleges, it’s utterly nonsensical. When I said we demand to collaborate with them on that regard, I basically meant that Muslim certified theologians, clerics and renowned scholars are to be opted to lecture abroad, to teach those orientalists about the proper discernment of Islamic Theology. A mutually academic practice has to be broadened. The purpose of this has to primarily be based on illustrating Muslim culture to the western world. There are many publications on Islam in many libraries. However, they mostly lack the least of critical examination which is accredited citation.
Orientalism is not particularly accurate about multiple Islamic subjects. They express their perspective about them. This is why I find it so strange for a Muslim to study Islam in western universities. I actually was interested to do so. But, after studying Orientalism and its essence, I completely changed my mind. I decisively recognize that Orientalism factors aren’t intended for devotion nor even for scholarly objectives. They rather are intended for cultural disarray and religious imbalance. As all we know, religion is not particularly prised in western traditions. This is why, western orientalists may not be able to fathom its crucial role in our daily life. In the United States, there are pliable masses of people ripe for propaganda. This is why it’s quite difficult to educate people there. September has just began, and this is the month during Muslims are threatened of being subjected to demeaning search and seizure in U.S airports for damnable security reasons. I know someone who during 2011, arrived at Miami’s airport on 9-11 anniversary. He faced inappropriate attitude, racial discrimination, he had been sequestered in a dark room, he had been asked intolerable questions whether he was affiliated with terrorist organisations, why did he go to Saudi and other ridiculous stuff. His luggage then were opened disrespectfully and all items were indiscriminately thrown on the floor. He arrived at almost 11:00 in the morning, yet he left the airport after midnight when there was no transportation to pick him.
Incidentally, he looked quite secular. If someone chose to visit this country in such time, he should not blame but himself. Orientalism is a wide subject. I attempted to get through some of its principles.
(Edward Said) is the best author on Orientalism. Now, if this is the month of recalling 9-11, I have one question for American recipients.
How could a civil jet fly into the Pentagon’s airspace, crash into it without being instantaneously detected? I intended to test your intelligence versus what you are told. Trust me Americans, you have got much to learn about lots of things. I won’t ever visit your country in such time of the year, time of ignorance and irrational fear. I won’t ever visit unless I am treated civilly and properly. I won’t ever tolerate improper screening or damnable search and seizure.
I am convinced that media controls what people believe allover the world, yet it has the biggest influence on Americans. They have no control out of it. Media, television, journalism, online publication and video taping are the tools by which people are dominated in the States. That is the vital proof for dominating capitalism. People who have got money could do anything even, run for president despite their plain incompetency. Unlike many people in my part of the world, I am not deceived about what the United States is. It may look attractive outwardly but inwardly, it’s fragile. I am disliked there because unlike Donald Trump, I don’t write what most Americans like to hear. I am used to typical American ignorance and discourtesy, even if they attempt to pretend otherwise. My writing style has to continue because I believe I have independent freedom to express my opinion in whatever manner. I feel dignified not falling in the manipulating camp. Well, I suppose I am done with this piece. It’s close to noon time here in Cairo. I commend you for patiently reading through, Mostafa

--
(Seeking knowledge is compulsory from cratle to grave because it is a shoreless ocean.)