[Faith-talk] Shikha: classes

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:58:56 UTC 2016

Goodness I wish you were my math teacher! I really stink. It's not so much the concepts as the fact that being low vision I can't put things in the right slot. You know, when you have to do a Long division or algebraic stuff improve your work. I can't get things in the right order so they lineup and my numbers don't come out. They goodness for checkbook apps! I did pretty well in statistics with some help. Totally agree with you David that human beings are a blessing and shouldn't be thought of as a last resort. We're going to need them on the job and if they understand I working with us how we do things then leave educated later colleagues! Maybe future church members? We really don't know what a lot of people do after college. They go out into the wide world and by knowing us they understand why people a little bit better than the rest. I am very glad you brought up the point that sighted people need each other for help as well. They take rides from each other. Sighted people have tutors for classes. They babysit each other's kids. They pick up the mail for each other. They cook for each other. They commute to work! So why would it ever be wrong to ask someone to read something for us or help? It's our job to learn how to do things alternatively so we can return the favor rather than looking like we only need help.

Ericka Short
1750 Fordem Ave. #508
Madison. WI. 53704
608-665-3170