[Faith-talk] Complaints

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 5 21:05:09 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I feel as if some of you are attacking the division for not
stepping forward and getting your needs met.  Please stop.
Please write to Tom Anderson, or call him, tell him what the
trouble is, and give him contact information for the church or
publisher you are unhappy with.  But don't do it until you have
tried yourself to get what you need.  Up until now, we were not
aware, so please don't attack the division leaders.  We're not in
your churches, so we don't know your needs aren't being met.

Give us the contact information for your Pastor, head deacon,
church secretary, and tell us what is happening with you.  Or
contact Ken or Theresa Taylor.  I took a lot of time late last
night to put helpful information on this list.  I've given you
some tools; please use them, and don't holler at us because we
haven't done anything.  Like I have said before, but I'll say it
in a different way, we can't go to bat for you if we don't know
where the ball is.

I'm very sorry to hear of the struggles many here are having with
churches, and I understand that it is tiresome and discouraging
to keep going from church to church, and still you can't find one
that .  accepts you.  God knows all about it.  If you'd like to
worship at, and eventually join a particular church because you
agree with its teachings, and you've tried to no avail to be
accepted by the leaders, let it be known to someone who can help
you by advocating for you.  Know your Bible well enough to give
some verses about worship and church membership, quote them, and
ask the leaders to look them up as you quote them.

Another thing you can do is give them my church website, where
they'll see me singing in the church choir and occasionally
singing a solo, using my BrailleNote Apex.  If they can see the
congregation, they'll see three blind ladies using our Braille
note takers to sing along with the hymns and read our Bibles
along with the rest.  There are probably other sites, too, where
blind people can be seen involved in the ministry during worship
services.  Our site is bbccolumbus.com.

Blessings,

Linda