[Faith-talk] Autumn Glory

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue Sep 20 15:29:55 UTC 2016

Hello folks.  Unfortunately the author's name of this piece is not
given, but it is so full of descriptive terms that, even if you can't
see a thing, you'll be blessed with what the author had to write.
Following this I'll come back with ways for you to listen to my show
over cjoyinternetradio.com.

Here in September, we are approaching the sunset of the year.  As the
light of the falling sun dims into red, pink, and golden hues, one
cannot help but think of the fleeting year.  Autumn has pushed another
summer into the archives of time.  Now is an ideal moment to take stock
of summer's gifts, to dream of the past, and to relish the moment at hand.

Each year autumn seems to come as something of a surprise.  Just around
the corner, a glorious performance lies for all the senses to behold.
The beautiful colors have already begun to appear.  Sumac, bittersweet,
and woodbine lead the footsteps of fall.  Soon the brilliant hues of
brightly colored leaves will spread across the mountains, valleys, and
foothills.

In these precious hills, the berries of the dogwood and black alder
sparkle as they march in harmony to the accompaniment of autumn's songs
and sounds.  I listen to the tremolo of the chipmunks as they busy
themselves along the old stone walls.  Bird songs are also abundant in
these sunlit days, songs of migrating birds and of those birds that
will remain throughout the winter.

The wildflower's blossoms will be with us until the first heavy frost
nips the grass and blooms.  Until then, I never fail to take in the
loveliness of the goldenrod and morning glory, the charm of the wild
sunflowers and Queen Anne's lace, and the beauty of the asters.

In all of autumn's marvelous displays, I see the handiwork of the
Creator.  Experiencing the beauty of the season strengthens my faith
and gives me hope and trust and confidence in the glorious cycle of life.

What you have just heard or read will be the opening article to be
presented on my radio program today.  Now, if you wish to hear it,
point your browser to
http://www.cjoyinternetradio.com
and click on your player of choice.  Members of the Interactive
Christian Community will hopefully find the station streaming.

I don't know if Pastor Darrell Breffe, the owner/operator of the
station, will allow comments on the phone bridge, but if you prefer to
listen via phone and have unlimited long-distance coverage, please call
218-948-1428
and, when prompted, enter the code Jesus (53787) and you should be in
the virtual studio.  You may have to press the pound key after entering
the number above.

And that will do it for today.  Until I see you in the virtual studio
or until tomorrow when, Lord willing another seasonal article will be
posted, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe,
individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.
Your Christian friend and brother, Paul