[Faith-talk] Quotes for Monday, September 26 2016 and Words of Appreciation

Chad Nelson wi9hf at att.net
Mon Sep 26 12:00:41 UTC 2016

Thanks Paul, God Bless

-----Original Message-----
From: Faith-Talk [mailto:faith-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Smith via Faith-Talk
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 6:13 AM
To: faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Paul Smith <paulsmith at samobile.net>
Subject: [Faith-talk] Quotes for Monday, September 26 2016 and Words of
Appreciation

Hello and greetings to you good folks on a Monday as this post is being
written.  Hope that your day is going well, by God's matchless grace and His
providential care.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and
reflection.

One need never be dull as long as one has friends to help, gardens to enjoy
and books in the long winter evening.  D.E. Stevenson

To succeed in life, one needs three things:  a wishbone, a backbone and a
funny bone.  Reba McEntire (quote compiler's comment:  You probably wouldn't
expect that from a famous Oklahoma country music star, but there it is).

And there you have today's quotes, but to end this post I'd like to express
my profound thanks for all of the encouraging words you sent my way.  They
might not have been flowery or used big words, but they were the ones the
Lord wanted me to read/hear and you for sending them my way.  Every time I
read your posts in this regard, I'm reminded of the Arab (not Islamic)
proverb which goes:  "Men see the forest, but women the trees and the
leaves," and I've found this true in your words.

One last thing:  After we take a look at the book of Matthew in our
question-and-answer baffling Bible questions answered column later, for
those of you interested, I'll give the contact information for
cjoyinternetradio.com, especially if you would want to comment on Fanny
Crosby's little-known poetry that has not been set to music officially.

And that will do it for now.  Until later when we look at Matthew's gospel
or until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be posted, I am your
obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay for
your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and
peace, Oil of Gladness.