[Faith-talk] Prayer requests

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 08:12:05 UTC 2017

I know. I think she is just trying to get the immediate things done before she can make other calls. Life seems really topsy-turvy. We are going to help her with some of her iPhone issues. It's tough explaining something over the phone!

One thing I can say about all these prayer request is that it has helped Chad and I put things into perspective. He asked me why these things happen. Not that he doubts God for his faith has been shaken because people he cares for may not always be there. It's just why is it always the good people? My feeling is that God puts these people in our lives to teach us something and sometimes the people is the conduit for the lesson. Their struggle teaches us something. I truly believe that every experience in our lives is sent to be a growing experience for us from God. Remember the scripture it tells us that God will reveal to us what we need to know in his time. In our way, we would just say it out loud, but he knows that we don't learn by just being told. We understand the heart ache of someone else's after we have a hard ache and we know how to better care for that person. I know it's late as I write this and my example is probably not the best. But the conversation Chad and I had today brought us closer and we appreciate all we have in the moments we do have more because of what's going on with those we love. Somehow those little nitpicky comments disappear and mannerisms that mattered at one time just don't. Puts the past and perspective in the future as well. The Lord has borne sweet fruit of the spirit from watching the struggle.

Ericka Short
 from my iPhone 6+