[Faith-talk] Matthew 15:10–20 revised addition

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 02:31:01 UTC 2017

Totally agree with you that God is not a girl! I actually know people that like having general neutral stuff in their church readings. It was more of a joke on Peter's part. I think you found it somewhere not wrote it. I didn't think much of this gender-neutral stuff until I went to the congregational church I was baptized in. The hams in the hymnal sound horrible gender neutral or just plain rewritten. Now I understand. Thankfully it's not all congregations that are doing it. My parents church does not have that hymnal thank God! I'm pretty safe in believing that Lutherans have the good sense not to do that. And I would not read a Bible that was gender-neutral either. Is there something like that out there? Last I knew at the Voice in the message did not even use those words even though they are supposedly paraphrases written in contemporary English.

Ericka Short
 from my iPhone 6+