[Faith-talk] various comments

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:08:04 UTC 2017

Hey,

Ericka, I love your thinking on the eclipse! This is one thing that thrills me about the body of Christ, despite previous comments that we don’t mesh as we should: Here I am with this detail brain, and I hadn’t even thought of that angle—but you had! We certainly need each other.

I do hope Jenny gets the help she needs from whatever source. Maybe there’s a day program she could attend somewhere, since it doesn’t sound advisable for her to be at a center-based program, with all her challenges. We will have to continue in prayer for her.

I agree with gender-neutral only to a point. The newer NIV seems pretty good in balancing it. I don’t like when they “gender-neutralize” the hymns—it really messes with the poetic aspect, and depending on how far it’s taken (as with Scripture, BTW), it also messes with the truth.

Rob, I am so glad you’re improving. You must be so relieved—and what a witness in the community! I love what St. Francis was purported to have said: Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words—that’s exactly what’' you’re doing, just by being.

Sandra

One can never consent to creep, when one feels an impulse to soar.
(Helen Keller)

---