[Faith-talk] Poem; possible hymn lyrics

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 11 20:44:11 UTC 2017

Good afternoon.  I wanted to share some lyrics I wrote a couple weeks ago.
I thought both lists might be interested in this piece.

Bill Outman

In The Lurch

Don't leave the church in such a lurch.

Please give your all to the Master's call.

>From His great perch, your heart he'll search .

Step by step crawl, with effort small.

We talk the talk, and walk the walk,

When we do his work, not duties shirk.

But if we balk, does Satan stalk

Great dangers lurk, in the deep dark murk.

If called to pray, then don't delay.

If you're called to teach, then all folks reach.

Faithfully stay on the mission way

So truth we preach to all we reach.

In your employ take holy joy,

In one accord, in the name of the Lord.