[Faith-talk] Cyber Hymnal

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 19:23:53 UTC 2017

Good afternoon.

I was going through messages on this list from a while back and found a
discussion of on line sources from music.

One of the sources that Ashley mentioned was the cyber hymnal site, which is
www.cyberhymnal.org.

I tried it out today and it looks good.  I was able to play instrumental
versions of several songs and read about the history of the hymns and read
the lyrics.  It's a bit of a trick to do this with Jaws while the music is
playing, and if I really want to study the lyrics I would probably copy them
to Word and study them separately.

One thing that is a bit clunky is the way the on screen text is spaced so
that some words and names are split, so it requires a bit of exploration
with the cursor.

All in all, not a bad resource, though.

Bill Outman

---