[Faith-talk] o clear things up

Marianne Haas advocate at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 1 16:23:56 UTC 2017

Good Morning,
My name is Marianne and I do not  often comment on this list.  However, here
are some of my thoughts:
I did not know for a long time how to respond and how to change subject
lines either.  I am trying to learn new  ways of doing  things.

I always believed and still believe that as people of faith, we should be
very civilized with each other.  If someone does something wrong, we should
privately take them aside and talk to them.  I am mainly thinking of the
bible, where it says:
If you have  a difficulty with your Brother, go to your Brother first.  I
think that I quoted the saying correctly, but I am not sure.

I think we should also not fight over details such as if the Mass should be
conducted in Latin or not.  My boyfriend, for instance, talks about this.
He feels that if the Latin was brought back more people would be attracted
to the Catholic Church again.  Again, there are many Mansions in the kingdom
of God.

I am much more concerned about healing the divisions in this country and how
to  have a place as a person without physical sight in the community.  I
think we all have our gifts and it is up to us to show them to each other
and to work with the sighted community for them to recognize us.  In many
cases, I felt useless in this society.  However, I found people that
recognize what I have to offer.  I  hope that other people on this list have
also found people to relate to and to be appreciated by someone.

Lately, I want to wish everyone a wonderful 4th of July.

Best  Regards,

Marianne