[Faith-talk] Music works through the spirit

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 18:47:15 UTC 2017

I haven't read David's message but Debbie I enjoyed yours very much and would like to know which hymn struck you. I think that is the kind of thing Jenni was talking about. Music speaks to her. The words and music speak to me as well. I can't remember what it's actual title  but there is a song in our hymnal which always gives me goosebumps. It's called something like the call or the commission. It talks about how he sends us out and tonight be fearful about what he calls us to do. I'm still in tossing out mode so I'm not going to stop because this place has to get more organized before I go to Blind Inc. or someone will kill me. If I get some time I will dig out my print copy of the hymnal and give you guys the text of it. There are so many that speak to me and guide me. They songs are usually chosen to go along with scripture and sermon. It is amazing how a sermon and the music can tell everybody in the pews just what they need to hear isn't it? The person sitting next to you might get a very different message than you, but nothing is wrong because it's what you needed to hear at the time.

Sunday I did not go to church but I did spend time listening to my Bible and have heard no most of the Old Testament. There are some places in Zachariah that  surprised me.  I assume they're probably was some place that prophesied about his resurrection but had no clue where it was in the Old Testament. Pretty neat discovery!

Have a blessed day everyone! Oh and by the way Chad's mom came home from the hospital Friday so we have a definite blessing to celebrate! Even though she will be on dialysis now it's much better than what could have happened. Chad and I thank you for prayers!

Ericka Short