[Faith-talk] Prayers for a Friend

Kevin LaRose kl1964 at icloud.com
Mon Jul 17 02:17:25 UTC 2017

First, I trust all of you who went made it back home from convention safe and sound. Sarah and I did, albeit three hours later than we would have liked thanks to a delayed departure from Orlando. Anyway, I'm writing to ask for prayers for a old work friend of mine. We worked at SSA together back in the 90s, and he was there for me at a very low ebb in my life, but as often happens we drifted apart after I left the agency. While chatting with a mutual friend in Orlando this past week, I learned my old friend was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I feel a lot of conviction about my part in our drifting apart. Tonight I sent him an Email saying I was here for him if he chose to reconnect, but it turns out the Email address I had for him is out of date and my message bounced back. I also sent it to his work address, and I can only pray he gets it there. BTW, I know for a fact he is not on Facebook so reconnecting in that way is not an option. Tonight I am asking for prayers for him in his health struggles, and also prayers that he might forgive me in my part in neglecting our friendship. Thanks much, and now I think it's time for bed.

Kevin LaRose
Anderson, IN
Email: kl1964 at icloud.com