[Faith-talk] Accessible faith resources for all ages

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 17:49:32 UTC 2017

The trend stinks Ashley! I don't have access to anything but my iPhone. And that's because of many reasons you stated in your court of yourself. When i saw you quoted  yourself that  cracked me up.

It doesn't matter that I can get to the Madison public library to use a computer. I don't know how. I mean I have very limited computer skills, not just don't know how to use speech software. Just the concept of downloading something from a computer to something else freaks me out. I want of those people that needs their hand held to learn the stuff. 20 years to learn uncontracted braille through Hadley shows how slow I am to learn things. I've never heard of this Optasia place until someone brought it up.

I just received a phone call today from Peter Heide who is working diligently withthe national  Council of churches to get a study Bible and the NRSV in both large print and braille. If anyone would like contact information for Peter I will give it to you off-line. He is also working with the sparks Sunday school curriculum developer to make Sunday school items accessible. Things come in PDF and congregations can enlarge the print now, but in the future they are going to work towards getting things in braille. This lady named Dawn, the developer, has special education background. What a blessing to have someone who understands in high places!

Ericka Short