[Faith-talk] Hi

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 02:57:15 UTC 2017

That sounds good. I sort of missed that when I went to the Lutheran Church to try to find my way again. The Missouri scented church send a church site is only one church here and they are dying because their traditional and nobody wants that anymore or very few people.

And as I said before and I found this to be true and several, not necessarily yours, but, did majority of the churches that I have been to that are Lutheran everything is on the screen, prayers, everything. And that was kind of rough for me because I felt like I was a little left out when everybody was saying something and I just did there

I think the younger generation sort of wants a party or entertainment, or just feel good, instead of paying attention to the reverence of Christ reverence of God the reverence of why they are there not to have a party

The interesting thing was, I had asked if someone could email me me the music, however, the most interesting thing was brought up. The pastor wasn't comfortable with that because this church unlike any that I've heard up I'm not saying all I'm just going by the church. They pay crap load of money for copyright use. So, he wants to be very mindful of that so that he doesn't infringe on their stuff, he wants to give the musicians and writers what they need  their creation, the credit, and the respect that churches or people in general who say yes I'm using your stuff, I would like to pay for it, instead of just taking it and doing what they want to with it. I've seen that a lot.

Though it's really difficult to not have the words in braille or even on my iPhone, I do respect it. And, at the first time in a screen related church, I respect that. There is a moral Christian reason why they are uncomfortable doing the music in any other format then the screen. Because that is what they have paid the copyright to do is to put it on the screen.

I might be able to sit in on rehearsal this week, and if not this weekend then they're going to work on finding me a way to do that. Now I'm going to bring up that they have the music so going to the copyright administration and explaining my situation or a blind person's situation and find out if they're OK with it  I really believe this copyright legality stuff, would be a lot more receptive than people might think, or at least the pastor might think because he doesn't know. And that's OK, but I will talk to him more about it. Again, if he has the music for the instruments then why can't I have the words in my format. But, it's a battle I'm not willing to fight for yet. I want to get my foot in the door so that I could be A good representation of someone who is trying to work in a situation that is not perfect or they don't know about. So, if I come and with guns blazing and decide you have to do this I am not going to do that, I think it's good to show them that you can be gracious about it and work with them with the companies to get permission. Instead of dropping it on the church like you have a right.

I was very surprised at Sunday school and I'm sorry if I've said it before, but I'm so impressed, when they passed out the new book that we were going to be studying from, the gentleman said that they would see how much or if there is audio copies.

The pastor was sitting right next to me and I could hear him working on his phone, the next thing I know he whispers to me yes it's in audio format, and yes it's about the same price as the regular book that everyone else  I haven't an OK, I've spent about eight minutes trying to do this one paragraph to where it could be understood, but I know you guys don't really care. It's a judgment free list, and I took things wrong. Anyhow, where I was going was. They had no idea whether I was going to come back or not, they had no idea no matter what church I feel comfortable in his or anyone else's, that he wanted me to feel good and edified as far as my faith goes, not the LDS faith, but the faith and simplified terms with no complications, like the ones I was raised in when I was younger.  Though obviously, certain face have their own complex city, obviously, there are different believes held from a traditional from not traditional. I was going to do. And the Pastor even said you know OK, going to change the thought right now because I can't seem to get this email right.

So, he was more concerned about me having the book in a format that I understood. Instead of whether I was going to show up next week. I really felt welcomed and not pressured

They wanted to make things available to me and what they didn't understand they asked about and I was really cool with that. It's a huge church. I didn't expect everybody to be as warm as a small church. But boy was I wrong.

Has anybody from a more contemporary church felt exhausted when I came home. I'm not sure if it was just the adrenaline dying off or or that my anxiety was finally gone. Yes I was so nervous. Anyhow, you get so uplifted and yet you're so tired after that that I don't know that's how I feel anyway. Does anybody or have anybody felt like that in a more contemporary service. Sorry it's been so long, just a little excited. Thanks

Jenny