[Faith-talk] Dilemma

Christine Olivares rafael4490 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 00:19:51 UTC 2017

Hi jenny,
I have been to a Byzantine Catholic church, which is similar to Orthodox. Both those Rites do not follow the Pope as far as I know. However, they are all still Catholic. I have also been to Latin masses, and they are too hard for me to follow. It is beautiful though. as for what is first, no one really knows. Does it really matter though? As long as you love it, that’s all that matters.

As I may have mentioned, I am the choir director of a catholic Church. You would be welcome in my choir if you lived in my home town. What I’m trying to say is I have never had an issue with people telling me I couldn’t do things, especially in a catholic choir. I would suggest being confident, telling the director you learn music by ear and learn fast, and you may need to record the parts on a digital recorder or your cell phone to learn them faster. If you don’t show that you can’t do something, then the director has no reason to tell you you can’t do anything. I’m sure he will be more then happy to help you. Don’t come across as being afraid, and who cares if Wednesday is his first rehearsal? Why not just go and talk to him Wednesday? It’s not like he will be overwhelmed or something. I would say just go for it because you don’t want to show fear already. You need to be confident in your music abilities. He will be fine.

God bless,
Christine