[Faith-talk] Biblical Truth

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Wed Jun 28 03:39:35 UTC 2017

Hi Christine,

I aprreciate your words very much.  I do not mean to be
condescending at all.  I believe that the Bible is the sole
authority in the life of a Christian.  It says that nothing
should be taken away from it or added to it, and that's what many
churches do.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't read good
commentaries and such like to help us in our study and
understanding of the Bible.  What it does mean is that churches
who say that their book is equal to or above the Bible are going
against what God clearly says in that Bible.  The Bible was
written by men under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit; other
books are not.  There are many things that Christians will
disagree on, but when people who say they are Christians
disregard the Bible, or cheapen it, or disobey its teachings
knowingly, that is a problem.  We are in the last days, and it's
getting harder to find churches where God's Word is faithfully
taught, believed and lived out in the lives of its members.

May we all grow in grace, and the knowledge of the Lord Jesus
Christ!

Now I'm off to get a good night's rest, storms permitting!

Blessings,

Linda