[Faith-talk] This List and Subject Lines

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Thu Jun 29 04:35:47 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have asked many times that subject lines be changed, or new
messages be started (which is preferable).  David Andrews, the
list owner, has also mentioned this.  For example, the subject
"Dilemma" is no longer that.  You people are so bent on
expressing your frustration, anger, misunderstandings, etc., that
you're not bothering to change the subject, or delete the bottom.
This frustrates the reader because the subject is not what's in
the body of the message.  Leaving message on message on message
makes for a very large message each time it comes into our
inBoxes.  Please consider others on this list when replying or
posting.  I don't want to have to keep track of who's doing this,
and ask David Andrews to put you on moderated status, but I will
if you continue to ignore this request.  I have been written to
off list concerning this more than once, so please be obedient
and respectful.

We are flaming each other here, and making listers uncomfortable.
This needs to stop immediately.  Because of who joins and who
posts, it seems that this is mostly a Christian or Protestant
list.  I have promised to watch what I say and how I say it, and
David Moore has as well.  That's the best we can do, and it's up
to those of you who are offended, or who insist on keeping these
arguments going, to accept that and move on.  Ericka, Debby,
Christine, Brandon, Jenny, and anyone else here who I have hurt,
I'm sorry for any hurt I have caused, and for my unhelpful,
unloving responses and posts.  I hope you can find it in your
hearts to forgive me, and not to be offended by what others say
here.  We are representing many faiths here, and the discussions
of the past few days have not been very edifying and encouraging.

Please try to refrain from writing long posts which look like
short articles, and from covering too many topics in the same
message.  If the posts are too long, or cover too many topics,
listers will not want to read or respond, or will be confused, or
both.

Debby, Tom's last name is Anderson, not Miles.  He's busy, and
does not come on here much.  He trusts me to moderate this list,
and I'm doing my best.

Please, let's get back to talking about faith and blindness, and
to sharing experiences and resources for the benefit of the blind
worshiper and the blind who want to attend a church, but can't
find transportation, or the blind person who can't get accessible
materials they need to have a pleasant worship experience!

I wish you all a good night's rest!

Blessings,

Linda