[Faith-talk] Relationship issues

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 22:38:39 UTC 2017

Sorry for a long reply! Sometimes I think this will bring on more questions then it will answer anything. Remember one of the fruits of the spirit of patients so let's all work on this now…

Bill, you bring up an interesting topic of which I agree does not get discussed too often. I guess perhaps people can share more testimonies of how they found their sweethearts. Not everybody is married here and this is probably a topic that should also be brought up in training centers during seminar time or philosophy class as well as in conventions etc. As the faith connection goes, most Churches teachings see family and marriage is something very sacred and not just a right of passage. I wonder if there are people out there who feel like they are outsiders just because they are not able to seek out decent people and fullfill their Faith by adding to the cloud of witnesses or however you want to state it. Personally I have no love life advice! I was one of those lost souls that never dated but had guy friends until almost 30. That didn't go so well and after 15 years of marriage we parted respectfully. He had perfect vision if he wore his glasses.  I met him through campus ministry. If it was not a long-distance relationship we probably never would have dated so long or married.  I don't know what the answer is to your great question Bill! Aside from your concerns I think it may be a societal problem that we are stuck in the middle of too. There's the Blind/sighted debate I will leave be.

I'm just very happy to have found the right one at 45 and he just happens to be totally blind now. I say now because when I met him when we were teenagers he had more visual than I did – 20/100 in the best eye. For me as was stated, for a girl it's how you live out your faith, what's in your heart, and how you treat others in your family that matters more than anything else. How you treat family and others tells us how you're going to treat us in the end.

Anyone else have some faithful thoughts? Perhaps some scripture?  I know some church cultures kind of help people match each other up – that courting concept. Has anybody in a church where that goes on then supported in finding a helpmate? Is there any societal or spiritual rules anymore for dating? Sometimes I wonder! My mother freaked me out or year or two ago by saying she didn't care if I shacked up with someone as long as they treated me right. Her take was that the federal laws didn't support us being married and she wanted us to be able to pay the bills. She said lots of senior citizens doing the same thing. I really don't like the concept of shacking up, but God knows the nations rules too. How does one  honor faith, family, & the call to be Partners with someone God has given you?

Ericka Short
1750 Fordem Ave. #508
Madison. WI. 53704
608-665-3170