[Faith-talk] Relationship issues

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 23:37:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

I ask forgiveness for the way this message is written. I don't have a Bluetooth keyboard and dictation is dictation. I went through some of that. I've always dated with the intention of marriage. Not just to mess around. However, I didn't stick to no sex before marriage. Except for one relationship that freaked me out because I was pregnant unwed pregnant and I didn't know what to do. Not in that kind of relationship not yet being pregnant and without anyone.

Both marriages were doomed to failure and had red flags from the beginning. I was too blind and too stupid to realize that. I always wanted to give people a chance. And, I excepted them for who they were. And, that wasn't always the best thing to do.

I have discovered that my faith comes first. And, unfortunately. Probably, I am much too selfish for marriage. I have physical issues that make it very difficult for someone to deal with a marriage with me. I am on able to do a lot of housework. Though mobility is my thing.

 My last marriage though, threw that in my face. Oh you never do any housework or help me around the house. I had told him from the beginning don't start doing housework and expect me to do it five years from now, and then throw it in my face later. That's exactly what happened. So, I don't see myself in a relationship. I don't want to hear that crap from anybody else. Heavenly father is my husband. My best friend. Everything.

I'm not just saying this to say it. I just want people to understand, I know that marriages can be wonderful. I also know that marriages can be disaster. I have seen both, and mostly disaster. I have been abused both mentally and physically by men. And not by my husband, but by other men that I have dated. From starting my life with abuse from my mother mentally emotionally and physically that's not exactly something you recover from. Counseling is great. Prayer is great. But the scars are still there.

Heavenly father makes it to where they can be dealt with, or at least even know they're there, you still can leave a successful and loving life. I guess what I'm saying is. I understand what that gentleman said about just not looking for marriage or a relationship. I am afraid of one anyway. I go to church and they're single functions. However, funny thing enough there's like way more than singles women then there are men :-) I guess because I'm over the 31 section of single :-) I believe that I am going to wait I know I am going to wait for someone who is more men best time. I didn't always stick to that faith. I looked around at every other Christian faith. But I returned now the third time, with the understanding that I am there for a reason. I left because of typing issues. I was completely against it. But after talking to my bishop, Pastor, I realize that it was not just a commandment of the Lord, but that even though people are really broke. They put their faith in the Lord by tightening. That my bishop who is a doctor. Wasn't always a doctor :-)

I love everybody and the list. It is wonderful to see the beauty in relationships. And please understand, I'm not just trying to be pessimistic. I guess I just want those who are worried about relationships, gun shy, ET see that it is OK to not want to marry or to be single and want to stay that way. Because sometimes, the Lord drop something in our life that we are not expecting. You never know :-)

I pray for everyone married single or thinking about it. Love is always there with our heavenly father and Jesus Christ. That's the most wonderful Love we could ever have. Never forget that any of us.

Your sister in Christ always

Jenny