[Faith-talk] The Bible and America

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Mon May 15 04:13:07 UTC 2017

Hi again Sarah,

We believe that the Bible is applicable to Christians, no matter
where they live.  Yes, some things are cultural, but we don't
take a penknife and cut out, or disregard, a passage just because
it might not work for us.  Most of the married women in our
congregation stay home of their children, at least until they are
all in school.  They sew clothes for the girls, cook and bake, do
the laundry, keep the house clean, etc.  So, we do the best we
can to be obedient to what God's Word says to us where we can as
a New Testament Church.  None of our people live in poverty.  Our
men and young people work hard, even the girls.  Some work for
their family business, others take jobs in the community, and
still others clean houses.  Of course, I don't know the financial
situations of all here, but we're careful to take care of and
help each other.  The women will work until they start a family.
And the unmarried women work, of course.  They do use the gifts
that God has given them, and there's plenty of work to be done in
this community.  We have plenty of jobs to go around!

Blessings,

Linda