[Faith-talk] Relationship issues

Melissa R Green lissa1531 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 02:15:41 UTC 2017

Hi am enjoying reading the posts.
I was brought up as a Christian.  I saw lots of divorce, unwed motherhood,
and so much more.
I don't believe that God showed me all of this because it’s aits
considered a sin.  I believe he showed me that we are human.
I don't have children, and have been told recently that it is a very slim
chance that I will ever have children.  I have been met with some really
mean comments from people.  A couple of the comments used my blindness as
a reason why God has not made it possible.
People can be so mean and hurtful.  Although I have seen so much of what
people may call sinful behavior, I see relationships that make me smile
and shake my head up and down while saying yes, what a blessing.
In my opinion, Tom and linda anderson are an awesome example of this.
They are so in love and each other's best friend.  To top it they have
both an individual and a couple relationship with god.  They also have
many children.  Each one of us were brought into their lives by God.  I am
very blessed to be one of those children.
I don't pay attention to those who are so conservative.  In their thinking
about marriage, and relationships.  I was taught that you don't know who
you will fall in love with, and that god is an all forgiving god.
Everyone can change.  My father is a minister.  He has been married a few
times, and the same goes for my grandfather.  Due to my thinking, many
people are surprised by my thinking and belief.  My statement to them is
yes, dad is a minister, but he was a H*all raiser first who was abusive.
My grandfather was also married many times and believe that the bible gave
a man right to abuse their wives.  Just because it says something in the
bible, doesn't make it true.  Meaning that people misinterpret the bible.
my younger brother is becoming a minister, and he put it into words.  "I
am a preacher, but I am human and I still tell it like it is, meaning
telling the truth."
This has been a long post.  So I am going to wrap it up.  By saying a
couple of things that help me and hope it will help others.  I will
apologize now.  If I have and will offend anyone.
First, its all one god.  I see churches as how we choose to worship him.
I am not a person that goes to church every Sunday and through the week.
I do enjoy church, when I go, and am accepted.
Second, I consider myself, a non-practicing Christian spiritualist.  That
does know god.
Third, there are a couple of songs that do hit home with me.  One says, "a
saint is just a sinner who fell down and got up."  Donnie Mcclerken  Next,
"he saw the best in me when everyone else around could only see the worst
in me." "Marvin Sapp"   The last songs, are entitled, forgive me "Donna
summer", still his child, "Mary Mary", alabaster box "Cece winans" and
take me to the king.
God is  like any parent, he doesn't like what we may do or choose to do.
Yet, he loves us unconditionally.  We forget that and put him and any
person delivering his word on a pedistall.  Lastly, my mom always said,
"god has someone for everyone."
Best,
Melissa R. Green And Pj