[Faith-talk] For Catholics with special needs, a religious education that includes | USCatholic.org

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 17:21:40 UTC 2017

Hi Debbie,

It wasn't just a jab at the church and I'm very sorry that it came out that way. I just know that I have tried many churches, not just Catholic. That have treated me the same way.

I think that sometimes we forget at any church that we do need assistance. No, we don't need to be poor blind people, but in any church if Hendle or the songs are not accessible, that's not acceptable.

I have been to Lutheran, Pisca Palean, blah blah blah Evangelical churches that had stuff on the screen. Also, on accessible. So, I'm just not saying the Catholic Church.

But, if you truly don't have the money, and you truly don't have the ability to walk. Or your bus system doesn't run on Sundays. Or Saturday night. What are you supposed to do?

For Catholics there's EWTN. You can watch mass every day on that one. Several times a day. But, it doesn't get you communion either. Maybe, those can ask for communion he brought to you. But again, it's not just the Catholic Church, it's all churches who decide that they don't want to be accessible and they're not going to be accessible because it's too inconvenient.

Jenny