[Faith-talk] For Catholics with special needs, a religious education that includes | USCatholic.org

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 01:13:31 UTC 2017

That's really great Ashley! I know one church called Monroe Bible church that does have some or used to have anyway some kind of ministry for disabled kids. A friend of mine from school before that I grew up with got that started. He is epileptic and diabetic. Like us, he felt that people with disabilities the belong.

Ericka Short
from my iPhone 6+

> On May 21, 2017, at 5:20 PM, Ashley Bramlett via Faith-Talk <faith-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Ericka,
> One of the big non denominational churches here has a transit ministry.
> Many around here have a ministry to people with disabilities and I would imagine someone from that ministry group would give a blind person a ride.
>
> Ashley
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Ericka via Faith-Talk
> Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 4:44 PM
> To: Faith-talk, for the discussion of Blindness in faith and religion
> Cc: Ericka
> Subject: Re: [Faith-talk] For Catholics with special needs, a religious education that includes | USCatholic.org
>
> Ashley--
>
> Never heard of any church having transit related ministry. I've gone to big & small nondenominational churches.
>
> Tried to get my old lutheran church to do that. They said "so & so picks up this & that old lady. Why do we need that?" Disability talk went over heads. :-(
>
> Ericka Short
> from my iPhone 6+
>
>> On May 20, 2017, at 10:10 PM, Ashley Bramlett via Faith-Talk <faith-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Justin,
>> how sad. what kind of church was this?
>> Some churches have a transportation coordinator or access ministry to people with disabilities. They are usually the larger churches; often non denominational. If some of you need a church home or need one with transit, you  might try that.
>>
>> There is a very large non denominational church here near tysons corner.
>> which has a transportation ministry; they pick people up from the metro and I think other places.
>>
>> If you are in the area visit Mclean Bible church. Its too big for me plus the access issue of lyrics on big screens.
>> But they attract a diverse group of people including some blind people so it might work for you.
>>
>> Ashley
>>

>> -----Original Message----- From: Justin Williams via Faith-Talk
>> Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 4:57 PM
>> To: 'Faith-talk, for the discussion of Blindness in faith and religion'
>> Cc: Justin Williams
>> Subject: Re: [Faith-talk] For Catholics with special needs, a religious education that includes | USCatholic.org
>>
>> I had a 5000 member church tell me that no one could come pick me up to come
>> to church.  The church looked like a castle with huge front glass windows,
>> and I kid you not, had an elevator in the church.  But,  no one could come
>> pikc me up for church?
>> Wow.
>> Justin

>>> Madison. WI. 53704