[Faith-talk] Answers

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Mon May 22 11:59:41 UTC 2017

Hi Ericka and All,

The Scripture passage I was referring to, the one answering
Ashley's question, is just one.  Of course men are supposed to be
pure and kind.  Read the passages on marriage in the New
Testament.  And read the passages on God's requirements for
pastors, bishops, deacons, and elders.  As in today's world,
there were many women who enticed men; they were prostitutes and
harlots.

As to slavery, there are plenty of passages concerning this, too.
Slavery was abolished here in the states for a few reasons.  I
can think of three right now: 1.  They were Negros who, in many
cases, were believed to be less than human, stupid, the property
of others and not their own person.  2.  Men had power over them,
and power often corrupts.  3.  They were often paid very little,
and treated very badly.  Since we are all created equal, slavery
had to go.

Regarding women, yes, many ministered to Christ and His
disciples.  The Bible never says that these women left their
children in someone else's care.  And the woman in Proverbs 31
works for the good of her family.

Now, I'd better have breakfast and get ready for school! One week
left!

Blessings,

Linda