[Faith-talk] Changing Words

sarah at sarahblakelarose.com sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
Tue May 23 21:26:46 UTC 2017

I strongly dislike "Father, Mother God" and some of the other changes that people want to make. I can understand some changes in certain contexts, but I think these need to be done very carefully and with understanding. Changing our representation of God to a mother represtntation because so man people have had bad experiences with fathers is faulty logic. What will we do then about the people who have had bad mother relationships? It leaves us with nothing to call God. God needs to be bigger than our personal experiences, big enough to heal them.