[Faith-talk] autism

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 00:45:41 UTC 2017

Sandra

You are spot on with autism. Well I have a lot less book learning and more hands-on i.e. a nephew and ex-husband, you are very right about the complete differences. In fact while I was reading your post there are some parallels to a low vision situation. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone – living half and one world in half and the other and nobody knows what to do with me no matter how hard I reach out.

You're doing everything I wish my ex-husband had done. But then not only is he particularly stubborn, trouble with touch, difficulty processing/ expressing inward emotions, but is a mathematical genius. He is a good man and as you said would do anything for anybody. I think the struggle to come out of his world especially since I have no math aptitude made communication difficult. One can only force yourself so much and then you're tired and if you live with someone for 24 seven I can only imagine. I was so independent it was hard for him to remember that aside from driving there were things I needed help with that someone with 20/20 wouldn't.

Ericka Short