[Faith-talk] My Story

David Moore jesusloves1966 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 01:31:21 UTC 2017

Hi Nick!
I am very happy that you have such an understanding from the Bible why you believe what you believe. How did you come to that point where you believed all of this from the scriptures. I guess I am asking, what is your testimony? I was taken through a long journey before I became a Christian. I was raised in a home where Mom and Dad believed in a religion called Christian Science. Mary Baker Eddy is the founder, and she wrote her own book, called: Science and Health the Key to the Scriptures. She said, and Christian Scientists believe that God created nothing evil or bad at all. The only reason that a person is blind, for example, is because people believe that there is blindness. It is just not your belief that you can be sick, but you are sick, because others around you believe that. You have to destroy the belief that you are blind, along with not hanging with people that believe you can be blind. It did a lot of damage to me all the way into my twinties. I did not except any special help for my blindness until it was time for me to Graduate from high school and go to The Ohio State University. I had to totally get caught up with being independent in a year. I had never held a cane until I was 17, I had never walked down the street until I was 18. With in six months, I was getting all over Columbus, Ohio, and I memorized hundreds of streets and bus routes. I discovered that I had no beliefs, and I searched and prayed, and read all kinds of literature and I read the Bible three times, before I became a Christian. I became a Christian in 1999, two years after I met my current wife. That is some of my testimony, just a little bit. I want to ask you, How would you interpret what Jesus said about himself in John Chapter 8. Jesus said: Before Abraham was: I am. Who could say that unless he was God. Jesus says I am, That is what God says in Exodus 4 when he talks to Moses. Also, the Jews took up stones to stone him, and the leaders said, you are proclaiming to be God. So even the Jewish leaders thought that Jesus was proclaiming to be God. How do you think that a Human son of God could say: I am the way the truth, and the life. How could Jesus say that in John 8 that before Abraham was, I am. I would like to talk to you about John chapters 8 and 10 a lot, because that is where Jesus seems to claim that he is God the most. You are right that in the other three gospels, Jesus calls himself the Son of Man a lot, and does not make the claims that he does in John. It is in John where Jesus really seems to claim his identity as being God himself. Especially in John chapters 8 and 10. Jesus makes incredible claims about himself that seems to be only what God could say. Also, what about in John 14, where Jesus says that he who has seen me has seen the father? Also, how about in John chapter 10 where Jesus says I and the Father are one. How could Jesus be one with the Father if Jesus was not God. I am very loving and want to get to know you. I just like talking to people about how they would interpret these powerful claims that Jesus makes about himself in John if he is human. I really want to learn from you. I am very interested in church history, and the different councils and that. Could you tell me how I can find all of that material that you mensioned about the different councils? I do realize that the word trinity is not in scripture at all. How ever, there are passages that seem to equate the Holy Spirit to God. Read Acts chapter 6 about the couple who lied to Peter and both fell dead. Peter says that the husband lied to the Holy Spirit, and that he lied to God in the same passage. If he lied to the Holy Spirit and to God, it seems like the holy Spirit would have to be God it seems like here. Wow, there are just so many scriptures I would like to throw back and forth with you. I am interest in getting to know you, because you seem very intelligent, and you have studied a lot to stand up for what you believe. I would love to know what you think about John Chapters 8 and 10 especially. Take care, Nick, and I wish you a very blessed day.
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10