[Faith-talk] Book share

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 16:25:24 UTC 2017

Yeah, I’m aware Book share is not a Christian org—in fact, that’s part of its appeal to me: most of the Christian orgs that produce accessible materials have a very limited selection, usually way-conservative, and I’d be less likely to find the types of books I read in college in the typical Christian org—at least, in the ones I know about—I’m not above a correction, if there are some I’m unaware of.

Oh, believe me, I have scanned plenty of books from my local public library—many, many of the books I’ve read on autism, for instance—OpenBook has opened whole worlds for me!

In fairness to NLS, their collection of faith-based lit has increased some over the years—time was, you couldn’t find much there.

When I mentioned Mags in Special Media, I was alluding to the catalog NLS (I think used to offer and no longer does), which listed materials offered by other orgs, many faith-based—not to the general idea of magazines being in special media; sorry for the confusion—I had capitalized the words in the title, but that can be lost on a screen reader if you don’t make it spell everything out—lol!

TTFN,

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –