[Faith-talk] Reasons to go to Church!

David Moore jesusloves1966 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 22:48:06 UTC 2017

From: "Don Moore via Bible_chat" <bible_chat at donaldmoore.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2017 3:26 PM
To: "'A list for Bible based discussion'" <bible_chat at donaldmoore.org>
Cc: "Don Moore" <moore at donaldmoore.org>
Subject: [Bible_chat] Gimme that 'Ol Time Religion?

> [...]
> Alt-State-the media, academia, Hollywood-indicts him for his more
> inelegant
> statements about race. What will happen to "In God We Trust" on our
> currency? To, "So help me, God," in our courthouses?
>
> Yet, Alt-State Progressives will never attack Margaret Sanger for her
> truly
> racist "Negro Project" in the 1930s, or for her Klan speech(es) in the
> 1920s. Will they ever censure Wilson and FDR for their racist
> inclinations?
> Will they vilify the Clintons for having certified DOMA, until it was
> inexpedient to do so? Will they disown an Obama who incited more racial
> discord than David Duke could ever have done? Will they condemn
> pronouncements of white-hatred from self-appointed spokespersons of other
> races? Those would be inconvenient truths, but the most inconvenient truth
> of all is this: Progressive thought-leaders thrive on discord and do
> whatever they can to foment it.
>
> Just as some argue Obamian excesses gave the pendulum it's counter-swing
> Trump, the Berkeley-Middlebury-Academic fascistic excesses helped pop the
> pimple of white supremacy. Today's Mammons of endless entertainment,
> mind-numbing political nastiness, fake news and fake history, of rampant
> secularism, indulgent excess, electronic gods and goddesses, all ensure
> our
> careen to oblivion will be one we will not notice-until it's too late.
>
> We are better with boundaries-and yes, borders-which lay bare hypocrites
> who
> pretend to justice while abominations like third-term abortion, Benghazi,
> Sanctuary Cities, and other official lawlessness are excused in the swamp
> of
> governance. If only we could live in a time where people do not inflict
> their aberrations on the populace, where daily work is an expectation
> rather
> than an exception.
>
> The alternative is the real Ol' Time Religion-that faith in freedom from a
> loving, but unforgetting Almighty God who wants us to become the most
> civilized people an ordered liberty allows, where we live free of racial
> and
> religious discord, where the commandments anchor us in a truly just
> society.
>
> What's at stake is our still fledgling struggle toward true civilization.
> The alternative is a desperate reach toward a "New & Improved" fascism
> against which revolt is inevitable. In this one nation under God, we have
> been nurtured to build that City on a Hill, and one can only hope the
> Almighty hasn't decided the better alternative is, "trampling out the
> vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored."
>

> https://townhall.com/columnists/johnpwarren/2017/09/02/gimme-that-ol-time-re
> ligion-n2376238?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newslett

---

I find it very disturbing that people go to church for all the wrong
reasons.  It's not like it once was.  I agree with the social aspect but
when it takes the place of the purpose for worshipp I have a major problem
with that.

I also have a problem with some churches that don't take the stand that all
are welcome in his place.  They have to make it known either at the pulpit
or bulletin that some are welcome.  It's sad.

In my previous church every time I turned around there was a special
offering for something.  People were asked to give outside the offering for
differen t causes.

I don't believe that all this other stuff have a place in the church.

I changed churches about a year and a half ago for some of these reasons.
They have never had a special offering.  If there is a cause it's downplayed
and a matter of choice.

Florence

> [...]
> loving, but unforgetting Almighty God who wants us to become the most
> civilized people an ordered liberty allows, where we live free of racial
> and
> religious discord, where the commandments anchor us in a truly just
> society.
>
> What's at stake is our still fledgling struggle toward true civilization.
> The alternative is a desperate reach toward a "New & Improved" fascism
> against which revolt is inevitable. In this one nation under God, we have
> been nurtured to build that City on a Hill, and one can only hope the
> Almighty hasn't decided the better alternative is, "trampling out the
> vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored."
>

> https://townhall.com/columnists/johnpwarren/2017/09/02/gimme-that-ol-time-re
> ligion-n2376238?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newslett

Sent from Mail for Windows 10