[Faith-Talk] worship leader

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 19:45:01 UTC 2018

She is the one and only person in the music ministry at her small church.
She plays the piano and sings to teach the hymns to the congregation.  They
have a hymn book that they can use, but she doesn't sight read music and
doesn't know how to play the hymns from the book.  She can find the words to
most songs and find the music that she can learn by ear, but one person
singing with a piano does not a praise band make.  I don't know if the church
uses a screen to project the words and music for the benefit of the
congregation, which is mostly elderly.  But even if they do, she has no
access to it since she cannot see it.  What she has been doing is putting
songs on a flash drive in mp3 format.  I am trying to help her find songs,
but I don't know how to convert to mp3 and I don't know how else to help her.
She doesn't have a Victor Stream.  She does have a cassette recorder, though.

Is there anyone on this list who is in the music ministry of their church,
and how do you do it?  How do you deal with smart apps and screens and
digital displays, none of which she has independent access to?  She has a
flip phone and doesn't want a smart phone.  I think you can find backing
tracks to some praise and worship songs that can be played through a keyboard
system, but I don't know much about that and I would like to learn.

Any ideas you have are sincerely appreciated.  Thank you.

Joy