[Faith-Talk] Florence to drench Carolinas

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:59:42 UTC 2018

It’s interesting how you use the word “victim.“ I was trying to be a disasterrelief person through our church recently. We were told never to use the word victim. People who live through are survivors, not victims. It’s a positive attitude mentality. One word makes people feel like they will never overcome; yet survivor implies that we believe you are strong enough to tackle everything ahead though something devastating happened.

So far we have talked to a couple people who will be affected and they are preparing. Thankfully they are not close to the actual shoreline as other people are.

Ericka Short