[Faith-Talk] situation

Tammy Freitag ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 20:24:24 UTC 2019

Rob,
How about a different approach.  Sometimes being present makes a
bigger awareness of the problem.  You said you are willing to take a
cab.  Okay, take the cab to the services and programs that you want to
participate in.  Find out if you can schedule the trip home in
advance.  This will create conversation and hopefully show your
interest.  As you get to know people, we can hope friendships will
grow and transportation will come.

Chat with the pastor is always a nice thing too.

I guess this is what I did and now am picked up by a friend, serve on
the church leadership committee, leader of the mission team, served on
the pastoral search committee and am present every time the door is
open.  Smile!

At a former church, the pastor was interesting.  He wasn't comfortable
around, disabled people, sick people, senior citizens and who knows
who else.  His feelings were very noticable.  I wouldn't make things
any better, I would walk up to him and shake his hand, speak and
smile.  Amazingly, his hand didn't fall off, he didn't become blind
and he didn't fall over dead.  lol! You just have to killem with
kindness.  Hahahahaha!

Tammy

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/faith-talk_nfbnet.org/dotwriter1%40g

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy