[Faith-Talk] Christianity's Birthday

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 9 22:12:20 UTC 2019

Subject: Christianity's birthday

A Great meditation to our Friends & Family:

PENTECOST

( A few minutes of meditation if you will, if not

a shorter prayer is below)

Come, Holy Spirit, send forth the heavenly radiance of your light.

Come, father of the poor, come, giver of gifts, come, light of the heart.

Greatest comforter, sweet guest of the soul, sweet consolation.

In labour, rest, in heat, temperance, in tears, solace.

O most blessed light, fill the inmost heart of your faithful.

Without your spirit there is nothing much in man, nothing that is not
harmful.

Cleanse that which is unclean, water that which is dry,

heal that which is wounded.

Bend that which is inflexible, ignite that which is chilled,

correct what goes astray.

Give to the faithful who trust in you, the seven gifts of the Spirit.

Grant the reward of virtue, grant the deliverance of salvation,

grant eternal joy.

In the Book of Isaiah 11:2-3, the seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit are
described. In the passage the gifts are considered ones that the Messiah
would have possessed:

1  Wisdom helps us recognize the importance of others and the

importance of keeping the Father, through Jesus,

central in our lives.

2 Understanding is the ability to comprehend the

meaning of God's message to the world.

3 Knowledge is the ability to think about and explore God's revelation, and
also to recognize there are

mysteries of faith beyond our comprehension.

4 Counsel is the ability to see the best way to follow God's plan when we
have choices that relate to him.

5 Fortitude is the courage to do what one knows

through faith is right.

6 Piety helps us pray to God in true and

honest devotion.

7  Healthy Fear of the Lord is the feeling of amazement before God, who is
all-present, and whose friendship we never want to lose.

Short Prayer

Come Holy Spirit- fill the hearts of your faithful

and kindle in them the fire of your love.

Send forth thy Spirit and they shall be created,

and thou shall renew the face of the earth.

Amen

Rob Kaiser Email;

rcubfank at sbcglobal.net